Tuesday, May 22, 2007

From the Cave

All right, the rumors are true. I have, in fact, signed up for Facebook: I am a weak, miserable being. Because I've dedicated so much blog time to that particular website, I will simply say that I find connecting with old friends cool, but I'm glad I still have a blog. My fingers just aren't satisfied by a line on a wall here and there. Anyway, if you're my friend, you can add me -- and I just might accept you (however, I've been declining most students and past students -- if that's you, don't be offended).

In other news, one of my friends turned thirty this weekend. Yes, he is now part of the next DECADE, and we ushered him in with style. A bunch of us went out on the balcony (in bare feet) and puffed away on some cigars. I love smoking cigars cuz I always feel like I'm in an old movie and I keep reaching for my glass of brandy (I found none; I guess the party only had SOME style...). We attempted some smoking tricks and I pretty much coughed my guts out. And then I spit a lot over the railing -- so attractive. The thing with cigars that is not so swell, though, is that your clothes reek afterwards. I wore a new shirt that evening, and now I have to WASH IT, which I wasn't planning on doing for at least three more donnings.

3 comments:

T.I.Houghton said...

Having recently returned from a walk where I also smoked a cigar, I can fully attest to the somewhat frustrating scent that still hangs in my clothing. On one hand the scent reminds me of the wonderful walk, but on the other it reminds me that I work in a place that may perhaps frown upon such classy adventures, even if they are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Your sister put me on her facebook so I could see pictures of her travels in Asia. However, I can't seem to get in. It says I have no friends. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

you and me need to hook up for cigars sometime! I don't find many other women who are open to the suggestion, they usually give me strange looks.

O o o :)