Friday, January 26, 2007

An Untitled

This just in: ...my landlord is selling our house... I'm not really surprised cuz she gave us a heads up a while back, plus I've lived here for almost four years, so I'm ready for a change. I've decided not to stress about where I will live or what my next few months will look like -- God has always hooked me up in the past. I've had so many amazing living situations that have truly blessed my life and created friendships and memories that will last a lifetime (that totally sounds like something from out of a greeting card, but it's true, so I don't even care).

Actually, I'm excited for what's coming next. We don't always need to go on crazy missions trips to Africa or hitch-hike across Canada for adventures. Sometimes they crop up on us, unawares, literally from our back yards. Sometimes I like to think I always have my suitcase half packed, with maybe a toothbrush, some pjs, and a handful of amazing underwear, all just in case my pager goes off with an indication that God has found something for me (I always just need to make sure I'm listening for the beeps). Then, I get to look around a corner and know that something is there waiting for me -- something exciting, or rare, or beautiful. Something unexpected. Something precious.

I thought of taking a picture of myself beside the for sale sign on our front lawn. I couldn't decide, though, whether I wanted to be kissing it or yanking it out of the ground. Regardless, I will be interacting with that sign in some way. That sign has planted itself on my lawn, on my life, and promises to bring about change -- through hands, through lives, through faces.
.
But oh, what does the sign say??


I guess it says whatever He needs it to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very good thoughts. i read this just after looking at countless university and scholarship websites which were making me feel depressed and very small. just as i was getting stressed about all the decisions "I" am going to have to make i read this and was refreshed by your attitude. maybe God is trying to tell me something.