Monday, April 30, 2007

Waldergrove

How in tarnation has a week passed already? Oh, right. I've had quite a run of it the past seven sleeps or so.

1. I'm happy to declare that my report cards were handed in (and I've only had a few boo-boos to rectify -- but I mean, come on, there's only so much perfection in data entry one can expect from an English teacher).

2. I moved. Yes, after hours of cleaning, loading up puny little crappy cars, packing, and whining about how exhausted I was, I finally said goodbye to Walnut Grove where I was happy for four years. I now have my bum firmly parked inside a lovely apartment in Aldergrove with my friend Larissa. I've ALWAYS dreamed of living in an apartment building. Today when I was leaving for work, I was almost giddy as I pressed the elevator button. The little bing! is such a cheerful greeting. I practically skipped out of the building to my car. Although, I am living in Aldergrove. Sunday night after Andy left, I could hear guys yelling and using the F-bomb in all sorts of never-been-heard-before ways, and my imagination started going wild... (cue the chimes)

...I started picturing Andy getting thrown into someone's trunk (he did put up quite a fight though -- don't be deceived by his slight frame. He can move a piano, you know). I knew that I would probably hear more commotion, and I would stick my head out the window (but not see anything), and then grab my phone and maybe a vest, but no shoes (no time, and really, not necessary). Then, I would take the fire escape stairs, cuz there would be no way I could calmly ride the elevator down four floors while my love was being thrown into a body bag. I would race into the parking lot, and see his little jelly bean with the door open, but no sign of him. I figured I would phone 911 and request the police station, and then at that point I would probably wake up Larissa to fill her in on what had happened...

This is all while I'm laying in my bed, trying to fall aspleep. I was getting a little nervous, so I cut my imaginings off before I freaked myself out too much. I even had my phone in my hand, wondering if it would come across as a little psycho if I called him while he was driving home to make sure he made it to his car OK. I decided it was a little psycho. For some reason.

Sigh. I love the imagination. I'm glad to know that I now have a rescue plan if the need ever arises. Safety is important when living in the sketchy bowels of the Lower Mainland.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so sweet, after twenty years my mom still calls my dad to make sure he's okay even if he's only five minutes late for something.

Deb said...

I'm always worried Brad's dead, or dying, or at least seriously maimed when situations like yours arise. And, to calm your fears, it's generally not true.

Allana & Ian said...

Just because they found that body behind the mall last week doesn't mean Aldergrove is ALL bad! ;0

There's a really good Chinese restaurant right by Ian's parents. And you can drop by and say hit to Mr and Mrs Murrdogg!

Anonymous said...

to me, the most frightening part of this tale is knowing that you keep some things from me for fear of appearing psychotic. because, i mean, you say crazy things all the time. I just can't imagine what you're not telling me.

beim said...

"apartment building in Aldergrove..." does such a thing exist? Dead bodies I believe, f'bombs I understand, but apartment building in Aldergrove?

Speaking of f bombs, the Ducks just scored. F.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, you really need to make new entries at least twice a week. I need more stuff to read. Thanks.
Tracey Hoff