Thursday, February 22, 2007

March of the Crocuses

Yesterday, when I walked to the parking lot after work, I felt something different about the air. This morning, as I dashed down my driveway and then glanced into the garden, I noticed something different about the earth.

It is coming. Or has it come?

I don't know about you, but I'm darn well ready for a new season. I'm ready to drive down 88th Ave. and marvel at how pink blossoms can transform a busy, grey street. I'm ready to think of rain as something that nourishes the ground, rather than something that pounds at my brain and reminds me of lead. I'm ready to tie on my running shoes and stop making lame excuses about it being too cold outside. I'm ready for light, for purple, for morning birds. And MINI EGGS!!!!

2 comments:

mennoknight said...

Well WEEEE still have a 10 foot high pile of ice in our parking lot, so there.

Also please send me my letter soon pretty please?

Anonymous said...

Yup- it's close. But really it isn't spring for me until I hear the cheddar cheese bird. You know, the one with the call that sounds like "chedder-chedder-chedder-chedder cheese, chedder-cheese!"

I love that bird (and I love cheese)

Laurakins