Monday, November 27, 2006

It's somewhere, at least

Man, it's so hard to start sometimes. A procrastinator by nature, I always have a rough time with beginnings. It's annoying, actually. Maybe I've stressed the importance of introductions too much in the past. Maybe I hold unreasonable expectations for myself. Maybe I'm weak. Or maybe we all feel this way - so unsure of what is to come, so reticent to step out and become vulnerable.

Crap. I've become far too serious. I just KNOW I will read this later, shake my head and lament that I'm such a MORON. Beginnings have that effect on me.

In any case, apparently this is my blog. On Blogger. Who knew? I'll try and write stuff on it, and I guess we'll see how often that will be. I like to write, and procrastinate, and write while procrastinating and drinking tea. So far I think I have the makings of a blog, or at least the need to pee.

7 comments:

Patrick Micka said...

Welcome to the blogoshphere. Randomly came across your blog and just wanted to throw out some kudos on getting started. I felt the same way when I first started mine.

-P

Anonymous said...

a fine start you've made here. i think perhaps when you look back at this one day you just might gasp at the sheer brilliance of your words.

also, um... i'm not sure how to tell you this, but there's really no such thing as an anti graivity room. i'm sorry.

Bott said...

I would agree that there's no such thing as an "anti GRAIVITY" room. A room where people can float about, however, is indeed in existence. I'm sure of it.

Anonymous said...

of course there is a room where people can float about...haven't you ever seen charlie and the chocolate factory(not the new creepy one, but the old classic)?

in all seriousness(yes i can be serious) congrats on starting the long awaited blog...i look forward to reading many a well written word

mennoknight said...

bloggin like it's nobody's bidness!

Dawn & Stew said...

I say, if you think there actually is an "anti-gravity room" then there certainly is! I am not here to judge what is real versus what you see in your head...

Remember when we started those journals so many years ago- THAT was quite an agonizing experience trying to find just the right into... good times!

Bott said...

Heh, heh. Dawn, I was totally thinking of our journal introduction when I wrote this post. In fact, I started writing about it then changed my mind.